Friday, December 7, 2012

Heres to scratching one off the bucket list

Today is the start of a four week vacation. I've been saving up time for the past couple years to travel to Australia and New Zealand. Unfortunately I haven't been able to make that happen, but with all the vacation time I've accumulated it seemed just as appropriate to finally do a cross country road trip.

8,000 miles, give or take a thousand.

Since everyone wants photos, this seemed like the most efficient way to keep in touch with everyone. Its December, so I'll be staying as far south as possible. Yes, I brought the bike. Yes, I'm traveling alone. No, I don't have anything set in stone, just to end up in Los Angeles or San Francisco sometime around Christmas to visit with a few cousins. I'm also hoping to visit a few friends along the way. If you live close to the blue line on that google map, consider this your warning. If you're in the Pacific Northwest I'm sorry, I'll have to visit up there some other time. 

I think I've got everything.

First leg of the trip has gone well. I've already made it to South of the Border after leaving Newark at 6:15. Thanks again to Wooden Wheels for finding those parts at the last minute.

Pedro!

South of the Border seems like the best place to stop. I haven't been south of here since I made a trip with mom in kindergarten. I seem to remember Georgia being very flat, we'll see what its like in the daylight. I just hope I'm not going to spend the rest of the trip fighting against the abundance of darkness. 

Tomorrow I'll continue to the first real stop in Jacksonville. Looking forward to a sunny 76 degrees and a couple days with family.

1 comment: